[GeoStL] Re: Munzee story but could be caching...

  • From: "R. sheffold" <rsheffold@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 23:36:34 -0500

http://www.munzee.com/forums/index.php/topic,3352.msg28490.html#new

From: Brawny Bear
Sent: Saturday, August 04, 2012 11:25 PM
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freelist
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Munzee story but could be caching...

Idiots! What fool would put a Munzee on an active track?? Where did you get
that story?

Sincerely,

Mike Griffin

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 4, 2012, at 9:30 PM, "Richard Sheffold" <GC-RGS@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    a.. Lt. John McCache got bit by a copperhead today. Be careful out there,
people!
  « on: Today at 07:26:26 PM »
    a.. Quote
  We know that geocaching doesn't allow caches near railroad tracks(around
here, anyway), so we were kind of excited about doing this series of munzees
along the tracks. We got about two miles in (with 2 to go) when we got to this
one. When We got near, I laughed because TheMunzenator was waiting for us
sitting on the rail. He thought it would be funny to watch us try to find the
munzee that he hid. The hint read "magnetic", so we looked all around the
rails. There was one section where you could get to the bottom of the actual
rail because the gravel washed away a tad. He slid his fingers across the
bottom of the rail when I saw him jump back and scream. This is the funny part:
He screamed, "Ahh! I think I just got bit by a turtle!" The blood was running
down his fingers and hand and I said, "Are you sure it wasn't a snake?" So I
grabbed a stick and pushed it under the track from between the rails. Sure
enough, out came a copperhead. TheMunzenator and I told him to start walking to
his truck while we killed it. I called 911 while catching up and had an
ambulance meet us when we made it out to the road.

  As of right now, he's in the ICU overnight for observation. It sounds like
he's going to get to keep all of his fingers!

  One more funny thought: TheMunzenator was sitting on the rail no more than
three feet from where Lt.JohnMcCache got bit when we noticed him waiting for us.

  Anyway, here are some pics: http://imgur.com/a/0OBl4

  TL;DR: Copperhead bit friend on finger. Friend in ICU and might lose finger.
Cops and Nurses like dead snakes