[GeoStL] Re: Meramec flooding

  • From: Cindy Spurr <leeharper13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 10:16:28 -0700 (PDT)

That explains the lack of ammo cans out here.  Boy thought ya'll had something
against them.  They are the container of choice in VA followed by a good
lock-n-lock.  As long as the ammo can has no military markings on it, they can
be used.

Cindy

Want to learn about geocaching in Hampton Roads? Visit
http://www.vageocachers.org
Want to learn about geocaching in St. Louis? Visit
http://www.geostl.com/SLAGAPostNuke/index.php

From: "Jason Murray"
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 09:21:01 -0500

>-
>When I placed caches in areas that had the potential to
>flood. I would make containers that would withstand the
>floods. The container of choice was an ammo can with a
>good seal. The container was then chained to a solid
>object. If you are going to disable a cache, this would be
>a good opportunity to consider changing your containers to
>something that makes more sense for this area. For all the
>people disabling caches I am curious to hear what type of
>container you are using.
>
>I still see too many people placing tupperware type
>containers.
>
>Thoughts?
>
>--
>Jason E. Murray
>jemurray@xxxxxxxxx
>http://www.zweck.net/
>
>On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 3:52 PM, GC-RGS
>>wrote:
>>
>> For anyone with caches along the Meramec river, such as
>> Marshall road in Kirkwood and Valley Park, Al Foster
>> trail in Glencoe, Lower Meramec County Park in south
>county, may want to temporarily disable their caches and
>> check on them again once the water goes down. I'm sure
>> many will be missing or the logs unsignable (if that's a
>>word).
>> Rich

> Missouri Caches Scheduled to be Archived
>http://tinyurl.com/87cqw

Steve