[GeoStL] Re: Mapsource

  • From: "Bernie Ver Hey" <Happykraut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 22:08:26 -0600

-
Rich, there is a newer version.  Bernie

-----Original Message-----
From: geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of GC-RGS
Sent: Saturday, February 14, 2009 9:42 PM
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Mapsource

-
I just tried it and it works fine (using MS 6.13.7)

1. Open MS and pick a location on the map and Rt. click. A window open up
and 3rd from the bottom is "Find near caches on GC.com".

2. Then GC.com will open and you'll see a list of caches starting with that
location. On the upper right of the listing or page is an icon that says
"mapit".

3. Select that icon and it will open a google map with the caches displayed.

It can be zoomed in/out to include more or less caches. On this screen there
is even a link to create a PQ with the displayed caches.

Rich