Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 3:14 PM
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Mapping Question

I don’t know if this is the easiest to do, but this is how I can do it.

1.)     using gsak, export your waypoints as a csv file. To do this in gsak go to…File, Export, Microsoft Streets and Trips CSV file.

2.)     Save it to My Documents, or somewhere where you will remember it at.

3.)     In Microsoft Streets and Trips (2005 is what I am using) select Data, Import Data Wizard, and choose the csv file you just created

4.)     The wizard will then ask you whether or not you want to use tab, semi colon, or comma (I choose tab) and then choose matching records to latitude and longitude, then click finish

5.)     You will then see a whole lot of pushpins pop up on the map

6.)     Go ahead and create a route… i.e. Sullivan to Pevely with the route, route planner tool

7.)     Calculate get directions and then do a find nearby places, by selecting Tools, nearby places, select along entire route and choose how many miles your diameter is, and click search.

8.)     Tahdah… Now you have a selection of caches along your route from Sullivan to Pevely.

  • P.S. there probably is a easier way to do this, but I just sat down and did this this way, so I know it works.
  • If you have any other questions give us a yell.

Respectfully,

Flatkatz & Pika Wants Cake