[GeoStL] Re: Man dies after fall while caching

  • From: Michael Rogers <mrogers07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 09:17:55 -0700 (PDT)

You're not old. :)

 From: Glenn <gln.htc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2012 11:16 AM
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Man dies after fall while caching

Yea, exactly. I quit caching alone when I did an unplanned solo walk to rock
pile mountain. No one knew I was there. It occurred   to on the way back that
if I slipped and sprained my pancreas or something, NO ONE  would find me for a
very long time. Now I do such things with RGS.  People can then find two old
farts lost in the woods. :-)

Via iP-4s

On Jul 12, 2012, at 10:30 AM, "Mike Griffin" <brawnybear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I read that a few days ago. What was amazing is the police didn’t really get
involved until they found his car.. That’s why it is best to cache with
someone. Remember the guy in San Antonio who went for his first cache and
slipped into a creek. He couldn’t get out because the banks were too steep and
died of exposure. If someone would have been with him, he would still be
caching today.
Remember when Mean Gene fell off the cliff at St. Francois state park? He had
Rolsch with him but who knows what would have happened had he been on his own..
Always cache with someone if you can…
Brawny Bear