[GeoStL] Re: Mamalu's in the News

  • From: Joe Taylor <rockey_f_squirrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 13:19:49 -0700 (PDT)

I think that is so awesome to have people I've met, or emailed to and from to
see them in a Newspaper article,and about Geocaching.  I've told so many people
about Geocaching and always get different responses.

A news articl is a sure way to getto a mass crowd and find those who enjoy the
outdoors.  I am going to become active again soon so I will be back out in the
fields before long, as soon as I recover from a week long plant shutdown (week
vacation without pay).

I still have many on my list like Hughs mountain, Proffit Mountain, Hillbilly
caches... again like most of you know, not to get high numbers but to see
interesting sights and my favorite, Mountain views.

LuAnn <luigilula@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I noticed some errors but overall I am happy.  Especially since I found out it
is the headliner of today's paper and not just an article lost in the
midst!!!!!!!  I bought 5 copies....so far!  And I tried to get Josh in there.
I really did!!!    Thanks !!

Jack Konecker <jackkonecker@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: If you ignore a few errors in
fact, those articles stand out
from many of the other geocaching articles I have read.
I am always on the look out for * unique content * and those
articles do a good job of not relying on the same old
cliches to explain our hobby.  Very well done, in my opinion.

(Didn't see any references to Josh, though)

   From: Know Future <know_future@xxxxxxxx>
   To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
   Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 09:12:53 -0500

-Also, check out the companion
article:http://www.dailyjournalonline.com/articles/2005/07/17/community/news2.txtIt
 describes three of my caches (GCK561, GCHAQ8, GCJTX0) and one placedby a good
friend (GCNRHZ). A nice bit of reporting for our little paper.

Joe Taylor
IS IT FRIDAY YET?

Check out my NEW Web Page
Favorite GC - Stories and Adventures
UPDATED - JUNE 9,2005

Rockey the Flying Squirrell

 What is Geocaching (In case you are not in the Geocaching Mailing Groups)