[GeoStL] JeffCity Geocaching on Jan 31

  • From: "Lazylightning" <lazylightning7@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:46:26 -0600

Hello fellow Geocachers!

The forecast is looking up for January 31's Cabin Fever Geocaching Pot Luck.
Right now it says partly cloudy with a high of 42 (Hey RGS, my forecast was not
too far off!)  Keep your fingers crossed, y'all know what Missouri weather can
do.

I am trying to finalize the plans and I know that a lot of you've expressed an
interest in attending.  I'm wanting to get a better idea of how many will be
attending so I know about much food to buy.  I've set up a link on the Cache
page that will take you to a list of everyone who has said they are coming and
what they are bringing.  Here's that link:
http://www.jeffcitymo.org/jeffcityweb.nsf/e0087b5460c4a721862569c2005fa85a/51160e5a32d7a8f386256e210076e360!OpenDocument

If you go to the Potluck Cache Page (GCHB4D), it is the link that says who's
coming and what they are bringing .
(Sorry for the big links, I haven't set down yet to figure out the tinylink
stuff yet.)

Could you please check to see if I've got the number attending correct and also
see if you have included what you will be bringing.  If you need to update any
information, please let me know as soon as possible.

Every event needs it's own event-cache.  I am thinking about making this one a
moving, leave only cache.  It would contain a memento, a picture or something
that's special to everyone who logs it.  Every time it was visited, it could
gather more and more, kinda like a geo-capsule.  It would move around like the
Impress-Me cache. If you like the idea, let me know.  If you have another idea,
let me know.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing you then.

Mike (Lazylightning)