[GeoStL] Re: Introduction

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 06:47:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Roger and welcome,

Just a bit of information for you. You don't
necessarily have to have a GPS to get started in
geocaching. The first 3 finds I made were without one.
Just look for caches that have a good description and
fairly descriptive hints and you should be able to log
a few before the budget permits buying a GPS. For a
couple that I found in the St. Louis area I would
recommend the I44 Rest cache and Chain Mail in
Pacific. And I believe from the hints you could
probably find all 5 microcaches in the zoo without
one.
Again welcome and look forward to meeting you on the
trail sometime

Dan (Thunder)
--- Roger Barnes <rogbarn@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello fellow St. Louis area geo-cachers,
>
> I have been following the geocaching web site for a
> couple of months now
> and decided to join your little group too.  I don't
> have a GPS, but $$
> is flowing into a new budget category for just that
> purpose.  In the
> meantime, I have been doing a fair amount of
> benchmark hunting.  I think
> it's pretty neat, I get to see parts of my local
> area that I've never
> seen before.  If anyone is interested in joining me
> for a Saturday or
> Sunday afternoon jaunt to find a few, let me know.
>
> If there is any way to get a members stat page for
> benchmarks similar to
> the one for caches, it would be great!
>
> Roger
> aka RogBarn
> Webster Groves, MO

> Our NEW WebPage!   WWW.GeoStL.com
> Mail List & Archive Info.

> Msg. of the day, "These days, I spend a lot of time
> thinking about the hereafter...
> I go somewhere to get something and then wonder what
> I'm here after.

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com