[GeoStL] Re: Ice

  • From: "Tim and Pam" <timpam2mocachers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 13:57:02 -0600

-
We have about 3/4 inch of ice on the power lines and about 1/2 inch on the
trees. I guess the power lines get colder faster. We had our power flicker a
bunch of times but in never went out - reaching for some wood to knock on. I
have seen at least two transformers light up the night sky when they blew
up. It is really eerie outside after dark because there are no lights on
around us once you get away from the neighbors houses and you can hear all
of the limbs/trees crashing down out in the woods. I just went into
Washington (3 miles) and they don't have near the ice we have. Once you get
south of highway 100 the ice gets worse, I guess they stayed just one or two
degrees warmer. I have seen several generators going down the highway
looking for a new home. If we can make it through tonight and tomorrow it
looks like the worst of it will be over.

Tim

www.tueltzen.smugmug.com