[GeoStL] Re: Ice

  • From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 09:08:48 -0600

-
Gale,

I've got a gas furnace, so the solenoid to open the gas valve and the 1/6 HP
blower motor doesn't take much current. The std car battery worked fine.
Back in my old hot rod days I was building a '49 Anglia gasser with a blown
& injected 327 Chevy. For ballast, I had a new 12 volt bus battery, which
was about 15" by 24". If I still had that I could run the inverter all
winter if I needed too :-). As it is my new unused generator I bought after
the Dec. storm sits in the garage unused as good insurance from having
another outage.

Rich