[GeoStL] Re: "How to" sessions

  • From: "Bruce S" <bruces1321@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 21:19:22 -0600

-
Rich,
This sounds good. If I am in town and have notice I can provide projector for laptop. Have one in my office I can borrow most of the time.

Bruce

From: GC-RGS <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: GC-maillist <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [GeoStL] "How to" sessions
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 21:12:05 -0600

There had been some talk thru the maillist that there was some interest in learning more about the GPS's and some of their features.

I stopped by my local County Library branch tonight to get details of their rooms. Years ago when I was in the AutoCAD user group, the rooms were free. Now they charge $10 for a 3 hr. session, which still isn't bad for a private room. Some evenings are booked in advance for a year by groups that have weekly or monthly meetings. She said there are still a lot of openings that we could get. Cost and policies are the same for all county Library branches and HQ on Lindbergh. The only difference is different branches probably have different dates open. Chairs, microphone, TV with VCR, pull down screen, and a whiteboard are furnished. An overhead projector is available via request, but they do not have a projector to display a PC screen. Food, drinks, taking money, etc is not allowed.

If there's enough interest and we can get a feeling of what should be presented, I'd think that this would be something doable on an as needed basic.

What's everyone's thoughts on this?

Rich