[GeoStL] Re: "How to" sessions

  • From: GC-RGS <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 20:32:09 -0600

-
Well, it seems that all who responded like the idea of having some "how to"
sessions but no one mentioned how to "what". I think we need some direction
and topics that should be covered. Maybe if we do 2 hr. sessions, we can
cover 2 or mores subjects at a session. If we hold these at a library, we
MUST be out by closing (9 PM) or there is a $10 charge for the first 15
minutes and $25 for each addition 15 minutes.

I was thinking of sessions for the following:

Basic HTML code to spruce up your Geocache cache page. Attributes like Bold,
center, font type and color, horiz. lines, inserting graphics and URL's
(links), etc.

UTM coordinates and working with topo maps.

Websites & programs that provide satellite & topo maps, such as expertGPS,
LostOutdoors, and Topozone.
Overlaying these maps with waypoints, tracks and routes.

What are some of the other programs that we should put on? Don't forget, we
also need presenters for these sessions.

Rich

 The SLAGA E-store is closed for image repairs but this is what is there.
The SLAGA E-store  http://www.cafeshops.com/cp/store.aspx?s=SLAGA