[GeoStL] Re: Group Cache, this Friday 1/23

  • From: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 21:56:09 -0500

-
OK, here are a few comments.  For a full description, see the logs :)

> Cache 1: GCHE3E : $1500 Cache by SWAseeker : D/T 2/1 : Multi / Regular

When group caching, stay with the group, especially if they've done it before.
They will probably notice your error of 2/10 of a minute, and you can therefore
avoid going to a point 1.7 miles from where you should have been.  Also, get
the cellphone number of some of the other cachers so that if you DO get
separated, you can contact them more easily.

Thanks to Glenn and RGS for meeting me, to Judi for saying hello while I
was finding the early waypoints, to Jim (Strider) for acting as Communications
Engineer and relaying messages by phone, and to Bill (SWAseeker) for helping
me out when going over the waypoints again.  BTW, HAD they changed any signs?

> Cache 2: GCE067 : GoLdEn peNNy cache by Le-roy : D/T 3.5/1.5 : Regular

Skipped this - after the fiasco of number 1, I didn't want to touch a 3.5
Difficulty!  Before heading to Jones-ing, I stopped off for lunch, and
picked up a locationless cache while I was at it...
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?luid={4C262FFE-8A0A-40E8-A00E-78795AC006CB}

(aka http://tinyurl.com/2njeu )

> Cache 3: GCHBAB : Jones-ing by Team Oz (OzGuff) (with thanks to Dorkus&Co.) :
> D/T 1.5/1.5 : Micro

I liked this cache.  Hope I didn't look too suspicious.

> Cache 4: GCH7XX : Jennifer's First by GB-Cacher & Jennifer : D/T 1.5/1.5 :
> Multi/Micro

Failed to find.  Logs and Strider's later comments suggest it's hard to find..
Should the rating be changed?

> Cache 5: GC13CE : Conways' Cache by Curtis and Peggy : D/T 1/1 : Regular

Found easily.  Liked the park.

> Cache 6: GC28DF : Cache of Love by kwilly : D/T 2/2.5 : Regular
>
> Cache 7: GC2E10 : Cane Creek by Island Dave : D/T 1/1 : Regular

Skipped these two, as I'd had a call from Strider, and it sounded like
he was going to be busy later, so I went straight to:

> Cache 8: GCGXP4 : Harwood Bug Drop by Strider : D/T 2.5/1.5: Multi/Regular

Met up with Strider, found the general location OK.  Eventually found the
Micro with the final co-ordinates on.  I applaud the man for his ingenuity.
I am annoyed with myself for having thoroughly searched an identical hiding
place in another location, and finding nothing, failed on several occasaions
to find the correct hiding place... even though my fingers were probably about
1/16 of an inch (or less) from it more than once!

> Cache 9: GCGVED : Stay-n-See by $piritwing : D/T 2.5/1.5 : Regular / Multi

Failed to find.  Was going round in circles.  Was starting to get dark, and
my legs were aching so returned home.

Thank you everyone for your kind welcome and coming to meet me.
I will be doing this more often.

Timothy
Subject field