[GeoStL] Re: Geo-Tagging Photographs

  • From: Gary Braman <Gary.Braman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 07:17:23 -0700

-
The eye-fi explore card simulates geotagging.  It reads info from hot spots and
tags your photos with the nearest known location.  It's a great product as it
will automatically upload your photos from your SD card to your pc when you
walk into your house.  If you go hiking in an area without hotspots it will
geotag the pictures with the location of the next (or last) wi-fi connection.
Good, but not great.  For those of you with cameras using CF - there is an
adapter. Mac OS X compatible.

http://store.eye.fi/DRHM/servlet/ControllerServlet?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=eyefisub&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE&productID=106190800

FYI.

Gary Braman