[GeoStL] Garmin

  • From: "k Sneed" <sneed14@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 11:15:03 -0500

Was looking at the different models Garmin has.  Does anyone know what
the "Geocaching mode", "Outdoor GPS games", and "high sensitivity
receiver" features are?  Also, some models do not have electronic
compasses.  Isn't this fairly necessary for our use, or do those models have
something different?  What budget-minded model is best?  We currently have
the Etrex Vista, but the rubber seal is starting to fall off and there is no
USB hookup, which is a pain.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Spongebob14