[GeoStL] Re: GPS Freakout

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 16:39:16 -0600

-
Sure does look like your GPSR went crazy. i dont think that has happened to any of mine.

Glad a few folks made it out to the new watchtower and the mienrod caches during the SLAGA members preview period. I guess I'll get around to sending them to geocaching.com for approval soon so get out and beat the rush.

glenn

At 01:14 PM 11/10/2002 -0500, you wrote:

Yesterday afternoon as I was heading out towards Meinrods Curious Spot, my GPS went nuts, and started showing my GOTO point as being anywhere from close-by to several hundred miles away. This is the second time this has happened to me. Does anyone know what causes this? My route says I went over 2446 miles in 30 minutes. Attached is a partial picture of my "route". After things started working right, I was able to go back to the same area, without any problems.
Any input would be appreciated and/or enjoyed.
Thanks, Strider

~~~~~~~~ Glenn St. Louis, Mo