[GeoStL] Re: Fwd: [GEO] Notify: kJfishman temporarily disabled vacation station!!!! (Unavailable) (Traditional Cache)

  • From: The Deen Family <bajaclan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 08:39:04 -0500

-
This is the same approach that I took with O'Fallon (IL) P&R and I
believe tht1guy used in Collinsville.  I helped OP&R set up their GC
acct. and added all the caches in 'their' parks to their watchlist.
Later as caches were added to their parks, I emailed them a link to
the new cache page and reminded them to click on the 'watch this
cache' button at the top of the page to add it to their watchlist.
This allowed them to monitor the traffic that the caches generated in
their parks and, of course, read the logs and note any issues in the
park which may have been mentioned in the logs.  Handling it this way
allowed them the oversight they wanted, while leaving the burden of
maintenance on me.

I further made it a point to stop by their office on a regular basis
to let them know I was physically checking the caches and ask whether
their groundskeepers had noticed any degradation of the area
surrounding any of the caches, and that if they had, I'd like to know
so the cache could be adjusted as necessary.

I found that the personal touch went a long way in fostering a
positive relationship with the P&R folks.

Good luck!

Amanda
BAJA Clan