[GeoSTL] Fraud Alert on Garmin Auctions

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SLAGA <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 22:45:36 -0500

From an undercover investigator friend of mine on another list.

Glenn

-----Original Message-----
 Behalf Of Tom
Subject: Fraud Alert on Garmin Auctions

One of the investigators where I work is currently working several cases
where a person has been selling Garmin GPS units at auctions, either with
Yahoo or EBay.  This person receives payment, and then refuses phone calls
and emails from the buyer.  These have been primarily the top-end GPS units
so far.  Theres not an awful lot that any law enforcement agency can do
about these crimes, and the chance of getting your money back is zilch.
Caveat emptor.
Tom

---
I am certified Virus Free, I just always twitch!

Our NEW WebPage!   WWW.GeoStL.com
Our OLD WebPage!   http://home.swbell.net/glnash/GEOCACHING/slaga.html
Mail List & Archive Info.
To donate to SLAGA:
https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=GLNash%40SWBell.net&item_name=SLAGA
Environmental msg. of the day, "Save the spotted Cow"