[GeoStL] Re: Forest park curses me!

  • From: "Andrew Senger" <asenger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 10:36:23 -0500

-
Speaking of biking and GPSrs:

I'll be biking again soon and am looking for a bike mount for my GPSrs (I have a Magellan eXplorist 210 and a Garmin eTrex Vista). For those of you that have one, could you answer the following questions? I'd particularly love to hear from those of you that have an eXplorist or eTrex, but will take input from everyone.

* How much do bike mounts normally cost?
* How does it secure the GPSr to keep it from falling off, especially on the rough trails?
* Can I use the same mount for both units?
* How high up does it sit from the handlebar? (Stephen, I'm guessing "not high enough") * Can you see it well enough while riding (Stephen, I'm also guessing "no"). If not, how much of a strain is it to look at?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Andrew (yawetag)
---
Andrew Senger