[GeoStL] Re: Float Trip Reservations

  • From: Joe Taylor <rockey_f_squirrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:50:22 -0700 (PDT)

When is this going to be and how much $$$?  I am sorry I missed a lot

I was also thinking if not possible and I know there are others that are unable
to make reservations.  Near Lesterville close to Black River Floats, there is a
MDC area on the black river.  I spotted it with thier "AREA CLOSES AT SUNSET"
signs.

If there is another MDC 'put in' point upstream some of us who are not sure of
reservations can do an unofficial float trip - No reservations, no fees, no set
date.  Just need a minimum of 2 Vehicles for a put in and put out point, and
something like this can be done with one day notice as well.

Again I have nothing againsed the Scheduled flaot trip... The bigger the better
I think, but just seeing if anyone who does not have an available schedule
wants a chance.  I know I never know what kind of weekend I am going to have,
working midnight shift, into Saturday Morning, and I know there are others who
might have to work Saturdays without notice.

I did alittle of the river before, as I parked at the MDC area and someone was
nice enough to give me a ride upstream, and quickly put in (I got 2 inflatable
kayaks... stil got to re-register them though)

Yeah I know I am a Cheapee.  My GPS is the most expensive thing I own.... LOL
(refering to Mid-Grade quality-garmin Etrex legend)
Jen <justjen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mark,

I just called Ozark and straigtened things out.  They had something written
down in the wrong place/way.  1-800-888-0023

So you should now be able to reserve under SLAGA or my name Jennifer Crittenden.

Thanks
Jen