[GeoStL] Re: First Boeing and now Scott AFB

  • From: "Bruce S" <bruces1321@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:40:14 -0500

-

I agree that marking caches on the outside is a good idea.  But in this case
it is not the box causing the problem but "suspicious" looking people.  In
today's climate of heighten security awareness it does not take much to look
"suspicious"... I know from personal experiance.  The key is to insure you
remain on public property and in the case of boeing don't linger near their
fence lines.  I would recommend also that you don't do this cache at night
as that will automatically draw more attention to you. If questioned by
police etc I have found it is best to say you are geocaching and having a
cache sheet handy also helps.