[GeoStL] Re: Extreme Geocaching

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 18:15:11 -0500

-
That is generally the case. To trespassing signs are generally the kiss of death but sometimes they are old signs. RGS and I had permission to place caches on the old Packwood estate. The No Trespassing signs were old ones and we had permission to ignore them. In this case, the land now belongs to the DNR and the old signs are no longer valid and the geocachers have permission to be there. If you were to place a cache out in the woods someplace that looked like the back end of a county park and we came across a row of NO TRESSPASSING signs that no one knew about, you as the cache owner didn't know about but we still had to pass to get to your cache, I would say that the cache would be put on hold or archived until the sign issue could be sorted out.

Glenn

RNX wrote:
-
what about the "ignore the no trespassing signs". I thought that was the kiss
of death in a cache submission. I know the cache owner states that the no
trespassing signs are not legit but i seem to remember reading somewhere that
Groundspeak does not/will not be part of that debate and issued a blanket
prohibition on any cache with such a note. But then again, Glenn lives,
breathes, and drips geocaching so he would know better than I.