[GeoStL] Re: Everybody OK out there?

  • From: Mike Maryan <mmaryan99@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 05:06:35 -0500

-
Here in Manchester, At one point we had penny sized hail for about a minute
before the eye of the storm was right above us!  It was crazy watching the news
and seeing the trees bend w/ all the wind on T.V.   Yet looking out the window
there was no movement of the trees at all.  All of sudden the rain stopped for
a minute and it was silent then bam the hail started back up again with a sheet
of water!   All in all I lost a few tree limbs and my backyard flooded but 15
minutes later the sun was out and we got lucky!!!  Hope everyone else was okay.

Mike "TheMadChef"

> To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Everybody OK out there?
> Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 22:02:29 -0400
> From: szcue@xxxxxxx
>
> -
> Sirens? Down here in Jeff County the only sirens we have is from the local
> law enforcement cars. :)Some tree branches down in the neighborhood, big
> ones, no power lines as we know. Crazy wind was coming from ALL directions at
> us for awhile. Bought ready to go to the basement when we decided to watch
> the pea sized hail hit the sidewalk.
> Two sparks of lightening, lots of rain, maybe buckets. We battened down the
> hatches and held on. Then we left to go on an errand, supper and caching. Not
> in that order tho.
> Glad everyone is safe.

from this