[GeoStL] Re: Delete or not delete, that is the question.

  • From: Jon Mertz <jemertz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 08:40:51 -0600

-
It seems to me that a new cacher would be eager to write something
like "This is my first cache and I had a good time (or it was kind of
lame compared to what I expected)" if not going into a detailed story
about the experience or how they got into caching, or who they were
with, or something. A blank log from a new cacher sets off some
alarms. On the other hand, deleting it is telling them that if they
don't follow the etiquette rules, the find doesn't count, so that's
not the right answer either, at least not yet.

My recommendation would be to send an E-mail asking if it was a
mistake and pointing out the etiquette for logging caches, and
possibly offering to join them on a cache trip or introduce them to
Geocaching 101

Blank mobile logs make more sense since you're in the field and may
not want to type more than necessary (though I think "TFTC" is not too
much to ask.)

-Tarcas

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 7:28 AM, Bob TheCacher <cachefinder@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have to agree with Bernie.  Those people who say nothing or "Sent from my
> mobile device" as their log, probably have never put out a cache.  If they
> did, then they would know that your log entry is the only reward a cache
> placer gets.  Sometimes I probably say too much, but I always say 'thanks'.
> Bob
>
> ________________________________
> Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 23:21:49 -0600
> Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Delete or not delete, that is the question.
> From: with.a.ph317@xxxxxxxxx
> To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> I really do not see why it is a big deal. It does not detract from the
> cache's worth just because a log is blank. I always write something in mine,
> but I like to write/talk. Maybe some folks are just about finding caches.
>
> Is there a rule that you must praise the cache owner when you find their
> cache?

from this

 Missouri Geocachers Calendar --->