[GeoStL] Re: Curious and I am sure controversial (REVISITED)

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 20:45:18 -0800 (PST)

-
When I posted this query I figured it would start a conversation and  possibly
get a few negative as well as positive comments but I did not  realize I would
get 3 comments about the original contents and then a  huge offshoot on MOGA.

  So I guess I will ask the question again: Is the "member stats" portion  of
the SLAGA home page a dead issue? One of the reasons I signed up and  paid my
dues was to get this feature which I did for ONE day and then  it quit working
and finally was removed from the webpage. A simple yes  or no answer would
suffice though it would be nice to know why.

  I know there are a couple of other sites that list cachers with 200 or  more
caches and I guess  that is ok but I enjoyed seeing where I  stood in the local
caching community and one of my goals was to keep  myself in the top 20 or 30
cachers from the SLAGA area....that is very  difficult when you are seeing
cachers from all over the country.

  I guess there is not a big interest on the part of SLAGA members though  I do
remember several posts asking what had happened so maybe I am just  beating a
dead horse.

  As far as the milestones page is concerned I enjoy seeing what  milestones
people have achieved though because of the negative  criticism from a few in
the newsgroup there is no big round of  congratulations anymore. But the
milestones don't show me what I want  to see and THAT is my complaint.

  Dan (Thunder)

  Who is causing trouble again :-P

Brad Myers <bmyers88@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  -
http://grand_high_pobah.home.comcast.net/AllFinds.html

I know it isn't the stats that we use to have, but you can look and see how
you compare with all the cachers that have over 200 finds.