From: geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dan Henke
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 12:26 AM
To: geocaching
Subject: [GeoStL] Curious and I am sure controversial

-
Should I assume that since they have not come back that the "Member  Stats"
feature of the SLAGA web page is dead and not coming back?

  I used that feature a LOT not to compare myself to other cachers but to
see how people were doing and who was cahing etc ...it was nice to see  how
many each of my friends had and how they did compare to mine...not  in a
jealous or envious way but  just out of curiousity.

  And the talk I have seen about people not caring about stats is a bunch
of bull...I would say that most cachers DO care about stats otherwise  why
do they log their finds? Also why do we congratulate someone on  reaching X
number of finds or throw a party when Bruce hit 1000, 2000  and 5000. I know
there are exceptions but in general I would say they  want and like them

  I care about mine and celebrate at each 100 caches that I find...maybe  to
people  who have found over 1000 or 2000 it may not mean much  but my 600+
caches are well remembered and hard fought and by golly I  am PROUD of the
fact I have stuck with it so long and the number I have  done reminds me of
how hard and long a trip it has been.

  I also understand that it is a LOT of work and hassle for Paul to
maintain and if he just does not want to maintain the feature then say  so
...but considering it was one of those features advertised with the  paid
membership I would have thought that at least the first year it  would be
kept.

  I know this will probably open another can of worms ....it seems I am
good at that but hey I would like to know as it seems to have just  fallen
by the wayside

  Dan (Thunder)