[GeoStL] Re: Conversion Question

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 06:58:14 -0500

- Ya know, this brought back a memory from when I was working through college. I worked in a food store warehouse, and one of my memories is of taking swinging beef off the hook and plopping the quarters onto pallets to put into trucks for delivery. One thing I do remember is the wide variability of the weight and size of those critters. You could get a fore quarter that was barely 200 pounds, but some of them tipped the scales at over 260 and it seemed like they almost dragged the ground. It is a memorable thing to have 260 pounds of beef in a bear hug and discover you were standing on an ice-on-concrete floor.

Kirk Yates wrote:
-
Reply: Friday, April 15, 2005, 2:08:07 PM

SPLIT HALF BEEF -- Approx. 66 lbs. You'll need about 3 cubic feet of freezer
space

A quarter of a baby beef is about 95 pounds and takes up about two "boxes" of space or about 3 cubic feet.

One concern we often hear is how much storage space is needed for the beef.  Typically, a split half of beef will  require about four cubic feet of storage space in your freezer, and a half of beef will require about eight cubic feet.

-
Anyone know the formula to convert pounds of  beef to  cubic feet of freezer?

I dont have this conversion on my calculator.

gln

Glenn

**************************************** Our WebPage! Http://WWW.GeoStL.com Mail List Info. //www.freelists.org/list/geocaching Mail List FAQ's: //www.freelists.org/help/questions.html **************************************** To unsubscribe from this list: send an email to geocaching-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field