[GeoStL] Re: Condition of cache area

  • From: "Brad Myers" <bmyers88@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 07:14:14 -0600

-
I think as the sport grows, this will become more and more of a problem. =
Not
only the intentional destruction of areas by out of control cachers, but
also the unintentional destruction by us they don't know all the =
different
wildlife/plants. I'll be honest, most of the time I couldn't tell you if =
was stepping on a weed or an endangered plant. I don't mean to be
destructive, but just the fact of getting to the cache, I can destroy =
stuff.
I would hope that by spending time out in nature that I will become =
better
educated about nature and I hopefully won't destroy to much in the =
process.
Maybe with the help of Jim and others who have the education about the
outdoors, they can teach us city slickers how not to destroy the =
outdoors,
but to enjoy them and caching.