[GeoStL] Re: Common sense when hiding

  • From: "Steve Bromley" <bromley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 10:29:38 -0500

-
Stephen,

I've not found either cache so I can't speak to the
specifics of your hides.  As a man, I feel extremely
unconfortable going anywhere near a playground when children
are present. Even though I am perfectly harmless, others do
not know that.  Parents are extremely protective of their
children (as they should be) and I can see no reason to give
them any cause for alarm. In "their" minds, there is no
reason for an older man to be anywhere near a playground
unless he means to do harm. As a parent, I appreciate their
feelings and would have felt the same way when my kids were
there. In my point of view, I see no reason for placing any
of the caching waypoints anywhere on or near playgrounds.

Steve