To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2007 6:48 PM
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Common sense when hiding

-
Look...

You have to do what you have to do...and I'm going to
step on your toes on this one...but...

You're basicallly saying you're getting out of the
sandbox and taking your toys with you in a huff
because you think your rights and concerns should
trump parental concerns??

I'm sorry bud...you said it best; you're not a parent,
and you sure as the world don't think like one. I'd
like society to be so nice like it was back in the old
days where parents could feel more at ease with their
kids wandering off on whatever adventure that might
pique their fancy. I really do.

Such is not the case, however. With all the bad guys
out there, I can see (from a parental and common-sense
standpoint) why parents would be concerned with some
middle-aged man wandering around their kids, seemingly
lost, staring at them, the equipment or whatever. Do
you really think your whims and delights should trump
those of the parents who may be sittng there, thinking
you are possibly some sexual predator or kidnapper?

If you think you have to quit caching because of that
then well...sorry...I think you are overreacting WAY
too much...almost to the point of being childish in a
way.

-Michael

--- Stephen Martin <faery_generic@xxxxxxx> wrote:

-
I am dropping out of this geocache thing.  I am
sorry, but parent or not I get sick of my rights
being tread on by paranoia.  Parents should be
protective by watching their children.  I shouldn't
feel ashamed to be near any part of a public park
just because it holds a playground.  i have paid
taxes too so it is partly my playground.  Persons
with private property only have rights that extend
to there private property.  i don't see why I need
to be so careful of what causes others alarm.  If i
were toting a gun... fear me... but until something
like that occurs be concerned with yourself and kids
or dog or whatever... NOT ME!

I will start using my GPSr for private events to
play high tech hunt with invited folk. I just prefer
not to tip toe around someone treading full force on
my rights as a citizen.

I am going to still hunt caches and sign logs in the
log books.  I will not log them on GC.com and I will
either disable or offer up for adoption all my
hides.  i have no hard feelings for anyone, I just
can't handle the constant "kid gloves for society"
kick.  It's just too Patriot Act for me.

Please let me know if you want to adopt any of my
hides.

Stephen

 Missouri Caches Scheduled to be Archived
http://tinyurl.com/87cqw