[GeoStL] Re: Car Talk Puzzler

  • From: Laurie Elfrank <lwatermann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocaching Newsgroup <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 21:34:23 -0600

-
L Frank said that there is a fifth way to get on first base without hitting the
ball. The fifth way is......Pinch runner.
He would get on base without hitting the ball.

Laurie (Denmother)> Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 19:07:45 -0600> Subject: [GeoStL] Re:
Car Talk Puzzler> From: asenger@xxxxxxxxx> To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> > ->
Jim,> > The new question isn't up, but last week's question (There are five>
ways a player can reach first base without hitting the ball. Name> them.) is
not possible. There are only four ways to reach first> without HITTING the
ball:> > 1. Base on balls> 2. Hit by pitch> 3. Dropped 3rd strike> 4.
Obstruction by the catcher> > There are three other ways to reach by hitting
the ball:> > 1. Hit> 2. Error on a fielder> 3. Fielder's choice> > Anyway, that
has nothing to do with this week's.> > Andrew> > On 2/8/09, Jim Bensman
<junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:> > -> > Did anyone else listen to this week's
puzzler and figure it out? It is not> > on their website yet:> >> >
http://www.cartalk.com/content/puzzler/> >> > I was caching when I heard it so
I was not paying as close of attention as I> > should. But it was something
along the lines of the average speed of the> > GPS was higher than max speed.
They said it was operating properly and the> > puzzler is how? The only thing I
could think of was they were using a> > magellen :)> >> > Jim Bensman> >
> For List Info or To make _ANY_ changes, including unsubscribing from this> >
list, click -----> //www.freelists.org/list/geocaching> > Missouri Caches
Scheduled to be Archived http://tinyurl.com/87cqw> > Missouri land use policies
--> www.MoCache.net> > Mogeo forums -->http://mogeo.ipbhost.com/index.php> >
"NGR LIST" --> //www.freelists.org/list/mga> >> > > -- > Andrew Senger>
asenger@xxxxxxxxx> http://www.yawetag.net> "I can't win anything. In fact, if
you look up 'loser' in the> dictionary, you'll see someone else's photo!"
--Andrew Senger> > > ****************************************> For List Info or