[GeoStL] Re: Car Talk Puzzler

-
Laurie is correct. Balks are only called with runners on base. The
award is one base for all runners.

If no one is on base, a balk would be called an "illegal pitch." A
ball would be awarded to the batter, and he would only go to first if
it's ball 4 (which falls under "base on balls").

As I thought about it, I did add one to the "by hitting the ball"
list: Obstruction of a fielder on the batter.

Andrew