[GeoStL] Re: Caching in National Parks!

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 09:25:35 -0500

-
OK, being a new guy, I just have to ask this: What does this really give
you?  It seems to me that if you are interesting formations, there is
nothing that stops anyone from publishing such interesting information
and giving the coordinates of the location so you can go see for
yourself. Is this banned in national parks now? If you cannot leave
anything according to this rule, then I just don't see what it adds
other than the fact you have to go through more paperwork than if you
didn't call it a virtual geocache! So what am I missing? Seems that
"EarthCache" is just a name and bureaucratic hoops to do what is already
legal in a national park, unless the spot in question was not already
open to the public.

Glenn wrote:

>-
>They have been working on this one for a while. When I first heard of this
>I thought of Know Future right off the bat.
>
> From what I gatehr, getting one of these listed will not be a slam dunk,
>easy deal tho.
>
>glenn
>
>At 08:06 AM 10/6/2004, Mike Griffin wrote:
>

>>-
>>
>>Caches will be allowed in National Parks if they can meet these
>>guidelines...
>>
>>http://www.geosociety.org/EarthCache/guidelines.htm
>>
>>Looks like Jeremy at GC.COM is on board with this as there is a new icon for
>>earthcaches. All you professional and amateur geologists, time to get busy!
>>
>>Mike

>>This mailbox protected from junk email by MailFrontier Desktop
>>

>>from MailFrontier, Inc. http://info.mailfrontier.com

>>the Subject field

> Subject field

Subject field