[GeoStL] Re: Brrrrrr!

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 13:36:53 -0600

-
Yea, but the problem is (unless the cache indicates it can be found with
snow on the ground), snow on the ground greatly increases the difficulty of
finding the cache.  I hope I don't go through withdraw symptoms waiting for
the snow to melt!

Here are some new caches I have found recently that I know can be found with
the snow:  The 2 end of the first decade caches are along a nice trail and
both caches are above the snow line.  It is a nice walk and the puzzles are
real easy with google.  TP006: Progressive is a 10 container multi along a
nice bike trail.  You have to figure out which container the log is in.  I
found it yesterday and it is above the snow line.  But there are lots of
stickers-so don't wear clothing that is easy to rip.  There is also a new
one in Marquette Park along the bike trail by the ferry (park across from
the ferry).  While it is under the snow line, there should be no problem
getting it.

Any more suggestions on caches to do with snow?

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"

from this