[GeoStL] Re: Branson Caching

  • From: <rogbarn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:24:55 -0700

-
I show the entire email as 3 MB but it doesn't show fractions so I'm sure that
is a rounded number.  When I read the email, I see 3 attachments listed with
sizes as follows:
63122toBranson.prc (160.9 KB)
Spfd400.prc (1106.6 KB)
StLtoSpfd+Branson.gpx (1416.4 KB)

When I download the attachments, their sizes are:
63122toBranson.prc 118 kb
Spfd400.prc 808 kb
StLtoSpfd+Branson.gpx 1,034 kb

So the attachments are about 1,960 kb, but in email they are 2,610 kb, an
increase of 37%.

Beyond this I can not shed any further light.  Perhaps someone more
knowledgeable about email, file sizes, etc can.

I apologize for sending off my complaint, it caught me at an inopportune time
and it is very unusual to get attachments on any list (at least that I am on
and I'm on several).

Roger