[GeoStL] Re: Benchmark found at busch

  • From: Roger Barnes <rogbarn@xxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 18:36:32 -0500

-

Sheesh, send out a message at 10:15 and a guy can't even get home from
work before it's been jumped on, blown up and come back down to earth.
:)

I don't know what it is except that there are so many different kinds of
markers out there put out by a lot of different people that it makes it
hard to figure it out.  I don't have any idea what the N/E coordinates
(if that's what they are) are showing.  If I were to guess, I would say
that whoever surveyed the area (perhaps for the picnic area, or just
general Busch surveying) placed it without any real attempt to include
it in the wider network of geodetic markers.  As such, there is no
record of it except at the office of the agency/company that placed it
and everyone at the picnic will not get an easy benchmark to log.  I'll
have to check to see what benchmarks are nearby.

If anyone else has any ideas, feel free to jump in!

Roger