[GeoStL] Re: Bellefontaine Neighbors Cache Permission

  • From: "tnands" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 20:30:10 -0500

-
It is a Conservation Area and you have to talk to the Agent in charge at
Columbia Bottoms (north on Riverview from Hwy 270). I think his name is Tom
Lyfield (or something similar). Jeff (Bluebeadman) has worked with him on
local conservation area cahes in the past and Tom was impressed with his
applications.

The area at 367 and 270 is all about "inclusion". There are two ponds and
one is catch and release only with deomstariton and wheel chair accessible
areas.  I spoke to him right after the area opened and he really stressed
that he'd like to see anything done in the areas have an  emphasis on
conservation. It's not a huge area and I believe it is being farmed so it
could limit how a person gets to a cache. He would have to approve the
placement. It would make a great Travel Bug Hotel as well as a place for a
micro that was wheel chair accessible. However,  I think there could also be
a problem with micros on a dock (unless they were really sneaky) as there
seems to be quite a few  school programs there.
It used to be that the Agent was not in the office on Monday and Tuesday.

Nancy