[GeoStL] Re: Batteries

  • From: Jack Anderson <pandyandy3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 20:40:05 -0700 (PDT)

-
I have a Garmin Etrex Vista (non color version), about 2 years old and there is
no setting for battery type.  Allthough you did make me get out my instruction
book to see if I was doing it wrong all this time.  It says that it takes two
"AA batteries.  Rechargeable Alkaline, NiMH, NiCad or Lithium batteries may
also be used.
  I like to use Lithium batteries in the spring, summer and fall but in the
winter the cold really drains them and they are used up just as fast as regular
Alkaline batteries.  The only problem I have with the Lithium batteries is that
when they go dead it happens quickly, so you better have a spare set with you.
Bernie <happykraut@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  -
Judi, I hate to go against what Roger said, but on the Vista, and I'm
assuming, the Legend is the same, there is a setting for the type of
batteries you use. I don't think it affects its use, but it makes a
correction on the battery indicator. Bernie.