[GeoStL] Re: Averaging coordinates

  • From: Stephen Martin <faery_generic@xxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 13:54:47 -0700

-

I just found out my unit has waas.  Yay for that!

I have a magellan explorist 200.  It is a very basic model that does not have a
color screen, much less a means to load anything via computer through cable.  I
prefer to enter all my coords one at a time by hand and eye while I go over the
cache listing.  The only thing I wonder is how to project a waypoint from
another waypoint that I am not standing by.  I can't figure out how to get my
bearing and distance to be from the waypoint I want instead of the position of
my device and self.  Do the fancier machines just project for you, is there
something i can change in preferences on my unit, or is there a place on the
web where I can do this?

I didn't think I was still a newbie, but i sound like one.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Stephen