[GeoStL] Re: Archive this geocache?

  • From: "Jack Konecker" <jackkonecker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 23:05:04 -0500

I wouldn't want to be led into the situation that
geo-jim encountered.  If it is private property and
the cache placer (http://tinyurl.com/aj3hp)
didn't get permission to hide a cache there,
then I think he should archive it.

It is true that some cemetaries are on private
property.  Unfortunately, they don't all have
signs next to them stating such. Caches in cemetaries
owned and maintained by churches would most
likely not have this type of problem (note I
didn't say 'never').

It is up to the cache placer to do the research
and get permission.

I hate to butcher an old saying, but 'ignorance of
geocaching policy is no excuse'.