[GeoStL] Re: Another Garmin Support Story

  • From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 21:11:03 -0500

-
Depends on which unit. I had the old B&W Legend I bought back in 2001. It was replaced 3 or 4 times because of the gasket, all at no charge. About 1 year ago it was loose again and when I called they said they would mail out a new kit (gasket and clear plastic adhesive strip), at no charge. Came 2 days later via Airborne.

Now the same thing happened to my newer color Legend (Cx) but was told they don't have replacement kits for the etrex color series so I sent it back and got a new unit under warranty.

Rich

----- Original Message ----- From: "Glenn" <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Jon Mertz" <jemertz@xxxxxxxxx>
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Speaking of Garmin Support, what's their policy on the rubber gasket coming loose? Is that a simple part, or a replacement of the whole unit? Just so I know before I call. The glue has loosened all around and the gasket itself
looks and feels too long. It's particularly loose near the top.

-Jon

On 7/30/07, Andrew Senger <asenger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have and received the responses that I mentioned.

Andrew

On 7/30/07, Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:

- Have you tried asking the question on the Groudspeak forums? There is
a topic for GPS hardware and software. I have had a few questions

answered

there in the past.

Andrew Senger wrote:

-
What's Garmin's number?  I have an eTrex that thinks it's 1924 and I
can't figure out how to get it to change (yes, I've left it one with

clear

view of satellites for over two hours, I've changed the batteries, and

I've

done a hard reset).

Everything I hear about them is good, and this story adds another
chapter to it, so I'd like to put them up to the test.

Andrew