[GeoStL] Re: An idea for a cache

  • From: Know Future <know_future@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:29:32 -0500

Kurt,

There are a number of state parks near my home in Farmington: Hawn, St.
Francois, Elephant Rocks, Sam Baker. I can probably help you develop a
puzzle cache, as I have several in my portfolio. What do you have in
mind?

Know Future

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 19:43:22 -0700 (PDT) KURT ANDREWS
<kurt.w.andrews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
I wated a couple of days to post this because Mike Griffin included it as
part of a reply to me that he had posted to the mailing list.  After you
read it you'll probably have more questions.  There are several things
that could turn out to be issues.  I'd like to start by talking with
someone from MDNR, and someone who's got experience with putting togther
puzzle caches, but first how about some feedback on turning parts of the
Missouri passport into a series of caches....  If it turns out to be
worth while, we'll need several folks to help get it off the ground.

Kurt for TM7AS
Hi,

I just applied for membership, and I didn't see a formum page to post on,
but I have a question that's been burning a hole in my pocket so to
speak.

The Missouri department of natural resources has a "passport" program  to
encourage use of state parks historic sites.  I was thinking of setting
up a series of puzzle/virtual caches based on the bonus categories.  I
was wondering who to talk with in the DNR about the idea and get some
feedback from other experienced cachers since it may be that most people
already know about this stuff.

I was thinking along the lines of a physical cache in a state park that
would have passports in it for people to take then a series of puzzle
caches that would lead them around to other sites in the passport to
fullfill the requirements.

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kurt for TM7AS

JURA BAR QBBE PYBFRF NABGURE QBBE BCRAF