[GeoStL] An idea for a cache

  • From: KURT ANDREWS <kurt.w.andrews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 19:43:22 -0700 (PDT)

I wated a couple of days to post this because Mike Griffin included it as part
of a reply to me that he had posted to the mailing list.  After you read it
you'll probably have more questions.  There are several things that could turn
out to be issues.  I'd like to start by talking with someone from MDNR, and
someone who's got experience with putting togther puzzle caches, but first how
about some feedback on turning parts of the Missouri passport into a series of
caches....  If it turns out to be worth while, we'll need several folks to help
get it off the ground.

Kurt for TM7AS
Hi,

I just applied for membership, and I didn't see a formum page to post on, but I
have a question that's been burning a hole in my pocket so to speak.

The Missouri department of natural resources has a "passport" program  to
encourage use of state parks historic sites.  I was thinking of setting up a
series of puzzle/virtual caches based on the bonus categories.  I was wondering
who to talk with in the DNR about the idea and get some feedback from other
experienced cachers since it may be that most people already know about this
stuff.

I was thinking along the lines of a physical cache in a state park that would
have passports in it for people to take then a series of puzzle caches that
would lead them around to other sites in the passport to fullfill the
requirements.

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kurt for TM7AS