[GeoStL] An Interesting Microsoft Story

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 19:56:19 -0600

-
About a year and a half ago i got a brand new computer. Its zippidy do-da fast and it does everything a computer is supposed to do.

Tonight i must be bored because I D/L the bank statement and was actually looking all the numbers and came to the realization that we spend a LOT on groceries but not so much for something costing $21.95 each month automatically deducted. Hmm, quick sort by amount and there they are, a string or $21.95's going back to july 2002 standing like little solders. Interesting, in the memo field one of on of the transactions is a phone number and "MSN *online" . But i dont have MSN online, never had it, don't know nothing about it. So, I rang them up on the tele with the provided number to get to the bottom of the $21.95 story.

Confirmed. The computer store signed me up with MSN. "You were supposed to call and cancel the service" says Oscar. Oh yes, the service i didnt sign up for that i didnt know i had.

Oscar will gladly stop the billing (yea right) and since i have been such a good customer, he can credit back 2 mos of charges as a good will gesture. I could NOT get him or anyone else to budge on the other few months of service that i didnt get. Oops, sorry, as Oscar pointed out, I did *get it* but failed to take advantage of it. I guess there is a difference there someplace.

So: IF THERE IS ANYONE out there that has any pull with MSN billing, have them send me a few more $21.95's.

BOTTOM LINE: make sure that you are not getting any of these sneaky MSN chargers in your statements 'cause they wont give them back.

Glenn
cc: everybody that i know, and then some.

Glenn
St. Louis, Mo