[GeoStL] Re: Ammo Cans?

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:50:22 -0700 (PDT)

-
Jim,

I am not 100% positive that the real reason places
don't want them used is because they can not be seen
through....I think it is more the fact that they are
named "AMMO BOXES" and they are painted that god awful
military green color....There are many types of
containers used and quite a few of them are not "see
through" especially in the category of
"micros".....and I have even seen caches made from PVC
pipe and things like that. I honestly believe if the
ammo boxes were repainted a different color to hide
the ammunition information and they were described on
the page as a water proof metal container there would
not be as big a problem with them. IMHO of course...

Dan