[GeoStL] Re: Ammo Cans?

  • From: SSG Dru C Reeves <dru.reeves@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 18:46:30 -0500

-
Besides that, those ammo cans were once used by all of us evil people in the military. The government should have spent the money on spotted owls instead of the ammo cans with all that nasty ammunition in them. Get real Jim, do you really think that every time an ammo can or any other container is found that the authorities call out the bomb squads?

On Thursday, April 10, 2003, at 05:31 PM, Jim Bensman wrote:

-
IMHO, in this day and age, people should not use ammo containers. They
should use a container that people who stumble upon it can see inside so
they can see it is not something dangerous. When I have listened to land
managers about geocaching, ammo boxes and containers that you cannot see
inside concerns them. I understand IL plans to ban their use on state
lands. I have never placed a cache in one and never will.