[GeoStL] Re: Ammo Boxes?

  • From: "M. Bollinger" <lazylightning3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 08:11:13 -0800 (PST)

-
I use ammo boxes for almost all of my caches except
micros.  I've only had one taken (Dark Star) and where
it was placed and the way you found it made it really
easy to find.  I've changed that a bit and all is OK.

I kinda keep an eye to things around here (almost to
Columbia) and I've not seen a problem here.

I know it would be a lot of work, but maybe you could
lock tbem to something substancial or use a land
anchor and that might stop that.  A small cable and a
padlock wouldn't cost too much.   Just a suggestion.

--- Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> -
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I just wanted to ask a general question of the
> membership...Has anyone else been having trouble
> with ammo boxes being stolen? I have lost 4 or 5
> boxes in the last 3 months or so and in most cases
> the ammo box itself was taken but the cache contents
> were left behind....I am wondering if there might be
> someone in the area who is aware of geocaching and
> is watching the gc.com site for local area caches
> put into ammo boxes....They also take all TBs that
> are in the cache and as far as I can tell they are
> never heard from again. This is a very frustrating
> problem and I am curious if it is local or whether
> it is more wide spread and I have just not heard of
> it.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dan

Subject field