[GeoStL] Additional Waypoints on Cache pages.

  • From: Glenn <glenn.geocachingadmin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SLAGA <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 13:13:24 -0500

-
Good Afternoon,
 I am writing to ask everyone take a look at their multi and puzzle
caches and  to use the "Additional Waypoints" feature to add the
coordinates for all the stages of the  caches into the waypoint
database.  It took several years of asking and waiting but  since
January 2006  it's finally been possible to record Additional Waypoints
onto  your cache pages. Cache reviewers are beginning to require all
multicaches and puzzle caches to have their coordinates posted as hidden
waypoints using this new feature. The reviewers have features available
to work with the additional waypoints, making the processing of
reviewing your cache far more efficient.

 The final cache location and any other non-public information can be
kept "hidden" so that only you as the owner, and site admins/volunteers,
can view that information.  Using the new feature helps you because you
can go back and refer to your cache page if you need to check on your
cache, and it helps the cache reviewer because it speeds the process of
checking these waypoints against any existing or future cache
placements, to make sure that caches are not too close to each other.

If anyone has not looked at this feature, it is pretty neat. Parking
coords, neat things along the cache route or just about anything can
also be added.  When a cacher downloads the cache waypoints, they will
also get the additional coords into the gps also. Very neat.

I know many of us have already added additional waypoints to their
caches. Thanks a million. I have been adding many more as I go along but
I still have 5 or 600 more to go.  So, please take a look  and do what
you can.

Many thanks,

Glenn, your friendly  Geocaching.com admin.
Missouri Geocachers Assoc  http://www.MoGeo.com
*THE*   Forums for Mo & Ks. http://mogeo.ipbhost.com/index.php?
St. Louis Area Geocachers Association http://www.GeoStl.com
and Email List //www.freelists.org/list/geocaching