[GeoStL] Accurate Coordinates

  • From: "k Sneed" <sneed14@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 10:52:12 -0500

"A good cacher should minimize the impact on any hunt."

True--but unfortunately, it only takes a few inconsiderate cachers to ruin
it for everyone. Land managers who see an area torn up will quickly take a
bad view of GC.

" I will always attempt to get the best coords I can,"

That's all you need to do!

"but I am not going to try and get pinpoint",

??Best coord you can should be close to pinpoint, shouldn't they??

"because I think that defeats the fun of this activity"

Everyone's idea of fun is different.  A micro in dense woods with bad coord
is not MY idea of fun, but I guess it could be for others.  I don't consider
those a challenge, more like frustration and aggravation, esp with PI and
Snakes around.  Challenges can be done with pinpoint coordinates.  Some of
Didiguys (sp?) and RGS caches (along with many, many others) have totally
pinpoint coordinates and still stump some of the bestest and greatest out
there :)

Just my 2 cents.  I'm not saying your caches have bad coord, just updating
the previous conversation with another point.