[GeoStL] Re: [ARCHIVE] Re: Followup: Re: Bad Karma GCCB93 & Blue Monkey GCCB92

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 20:30:48 -0700 (PDT)

WOW.....I did not think this forum was for personal attacks on other
people......Dang and I just promised to NOT to bring this subject up anymore.
So I'll ignore it all

"J.A. Terranson" <measl@xxxxxxx> wrote:
-

On Sun, 8 May 2005, Glenn wrote:

> Removing caches without permission is not going to make any friends.
> I trust you wont be hiding any caches around here?

Actually, I've hidden several. They just aren't listed yet.

> You do not know the history of these caches, the manner or
> circumstances under which which they were hidden.

No Glenn, on that score I think you are wrong, and that it exactly why I
went ahead and made decision (albeit at the last second) to just pull
them.

> You have taken it
> upon yourself to remove caches that you don't care for.

No, look again. I have taken it upon myself to make sure that
irresponsible admins don't allow poorly placed and IILEGAL (not to mention
unmaintained) caches to stay in places when they are creating a public
nuisance. That will hurt the entire GC sport as a whole, regardless of
how good it may make the placer and admin feel.

> That's special.

Well thank you Glenn. ;-)

> I have permission to burry a few caches in a local park and
> I can dig with about anything I care too just short of a backhoe. Do
> you know if *these* were placed with permission?

I will when I pull them up, since your cache needs to have copies of the
permissions in the cache.

> I suspect that you
> don't but you will go ahead and assume that they are illegal just the same.

If they are not documented on the web page, and there is no mention in the
cache, yes, I will.

> I take it that you will be removing any caches that you spend time on
> that you dont like?

Grow up Glenn. You know full well that this has nothing to do with
"liking a cache". This has to do with responsibility - and if nobody is
going to take it, then it is incumbent upon all of us to excersize our
best judgement to try and rectify the situation. You are the one that
finally made the decision for me - but you already know that. It's the
knowledge that you simply do not care about anything but keeping a fun
cache (this *was* a fun cache) at whatever cost that makes me seriously
question your judgement.

> To remove caches with out permission is not cool. You did have
> permission of the cache owner, right?? oops......

No, I did not. As you well know, the cache owner has been unreachable
since last year. So maybe, armed with that knowledge, and also armed with
the knowledge that at least one of these two caches was a potential safety
hazard to the cachers themselves (crushed PVC pipe - edges - get it?),
maybe you, our Geocaching Admin And All Around Good Guy would have taken
some action on this?

Oops to you too.

--
Yours,

J.A. Terranson
sysadmin@xxxxxxx
0xBD4A95BF

"What this country needs is a good old fashioned nuclear enema."

Subject field

http://mail.yahoo.com